CamuWave represents two words: Camu in Finnish means friend and Wave represents the interrelation and synergy we have with one another as social beings.
Our consultants here at CamuWave come from diverse cultural backgrounds and countries. We met while studying in Sweden. During this time, we bonded and created a trusting relationship, which eventually developed into a strong, supportive team environment.
Such experience led us to create CamuWave: a friendly, collaborative and confidential training relationship between us, the coaches, and you, the individual or team.
Santiago Calderon M. Sc., CPT
Founder/Performance coach - Austin, Texas
- Masters Degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology – Lund University
- Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology – Arizona State University
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- JV Soccer Coach at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School (Austin, TX)
- Mental Performance and Fitness Coach at Texas Fencing Academy (Austin,TX)
- Injury rehabilitation specialty
- Youth athletics since 2007 – Fencing, Soccer, Gymnastics
- Semi-Pro athletics since 2014 – Basketball, Floorball
- Professional Athletics Since 2020 – Motorsports
- CPR/AED Certified
- Austin High School Varsity soccer 2018 season District Champions
- Fencing athletes in Junior Olympics and National Championships
Santiago Calderon received his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, during this time he discovered his passion for Sports Psychology. Eventually he attended Lund University in Lund, Sweden where he received a Master’s degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology. In early 2019, he became a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Outside of academics, Santiago has been an athlete throughout his entire life, and has a passion for helping others both on and off the field. Having been a soccer coach as well as having had a variety of injuries, his aim is to support others who are in similar situations or with similar challenges. Besides his passion for sports, his passion for music has led him to work with professional musicians by providing his expertise to them. During his professional life he has worked with athletes, teams, physical therapists, chiropractors, and other healthcare professionals, as well as a variety of performers. His goal is to use his knowledge and experience to help rehabilitate and improve mental and physical performance.
Nanna Spetz M. Sc.